A more expansive gospel
Steve Holmes explains why we need a more expansive gospel.
Video Player Place Holder
This talk was filmed at a national consultation, entitled, 'A Faithful Gospel: How should we understand what the gospel is?'. It is the first in a series of five events taking place as part of the Evangelical Alliance's 'Confidence in the Gospel' initiative.
For small groups
- What would you say is the focus of the gospel we present? In your opinion is that focus too narrow?
- Think of some of the people close to you. What would be the most appropriate starting point when it comes to talking about the gospel to them?
- Do you think we live in a sinless society? What are our experiences of talking to people about sin, guilt and forgiveness?
For leadership teams
- What is the 'at least' gospel preached by our church? Do we spend enough time filling this out? If not, what more needs to be done?
- What effects of the Fall do we focus on? How can we ensure that we preach, and practise, a more expansive gospel?
- Steve Holmes talks about how God's salvation comes to the whole of creation through the first fruits of the Spirit and the Church's role in this. What does this look like in practice and how are we as a church doing?