A peaceful gospel
Antoine Rutayisire from Rwanda addresses rediscovering the gospel of reconciliation.
Video Player Place Holder
This talk was filmed at The Lausanne Movement’s Cape Town 2010 Congress.
For small groups
- Rwanda is an extreme example, but what experience do we have in our context of the four areas that Antoine Rutayisire suggested went wrong?
- Why is it essential that the gospel message is about reconciliation with one another as well as reconciliation with God?
- How can we be ministers of reconciliation in our daily lives?
For leadership teams
- What is the 'at least' gospel preached by our church? Do we spend enough time filling this out? If not, what more needs to be done?
- What effects of the Fall do we focus on? How can we ensure that we preach, and practise, a more expansive gospel?
- Steve Holmes talks about how God's salvation comes to the whole of creation through the first fruits of the Spirit and the Church's role in this. What does this look like in practice and how are we as a church doing?