A public gospel - NT Wright
Krish Kandiah interviews NT Wright, exploring the subject the gospel in public life.
Video Player Place Holder
This interview was filmed as part of the Evangelical Alliance's 'Confidence in the Gospel' initiative.
- In your experience, is it true that religion and politics don't mix? What examples can you think of that support that proposition? How can religion and politics go together?
- NT Wright explains that we need to challenge the whole framework in which contemporary politics is being done? What are some of the problems with contemporary politics and how might we point toward a better way?
- The early Christians lived such different lives than those around them that it demonstrated what life looks like when Jesus is king? How are we doing at this? In what areas are we doing OK at demonstrating life under Jesus' rule? In what areas do we need to do better?
- As a church, what can we do to ensure that we are not just helping people develop a private faith, but a public faith, equipped to engage with the issues of the day?
- What issues should Christians / the Church be talking about more / less? What can we do to encourage the media to communicate the breadth of what we are talking about and doing, rather than just communicating stories relating to sex?