25 January 2017
Creating and Sustaining a Healthy Christian workplace
A day conference led by Katy Murray
14 March 2017 at the Evangelical Alliance in London
How can we really be shining lights in the darkness?
How can we model a great way to treat and value our staff?
Building on Katy's day with us last year, on strengthening personal and organisational resilience, this year we will explore creating and sustaining resilient teams.
Katy will be sharing some powerful tools to help you deal with tricky conversations around performance management, redundancy, disciplinary procedures etc., as well as when we are coaching managers on a day by day basis.
The day will be a mix of insightful models, practical tips and tools, experiential exercises, personal reflection and application to your work and organisational contexts.
Come open to challenge and fresh insight, ready to share your questions, your examples and examples of good practice.
Come away with more tools as someone working within this role, and with really practical ways of making a difference in your workplace that you can easily pass on to others.
As usual with these events, there will be lots of opportunity to network with others in similar roles and to learn from one another.
Join us to discover ways you can:
- shape a healthy and vibrant culture for your organisation
- grow and develop healthy and resilient teams
- increase your skills to develop your personal resilience (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) so you can model it in your organisation
- increase awareness for your key stakeholders of your organisation's duty of care
- maintain your own resourceful mindset and grow a growth mindset culture
- create a valuing and engaging culture and how that fosters personal and team resilience
- practise identity and behavioural feedback
- how in your role as an HR professional, you can shape and influence the culture to help create a healthy organisation, including having 'difficult' conversations
- identify your own challenges, insights, resources, what you can share with others, and commit to practical next steps and critical conversations
A bit more about Katy Murray…
Katy Murray www.katycatalyst.co.uk is a facilitator, organisation development consultant and coach, passionate about partnering leaders, teams and organisations to be the best they can be, and making their difference in the world. She works with systemic culture change, particularly around diversity and women's leadership. Her clients are chief executives, senior teams, head teachers, department leads, senior managers from organisations as diverse as Bible Society, World Vision UK, Concern Worldwide, Cumbria Diocese, Rochester Diocese, Refugee Council, Feba, Christian Aid, Amnesty International, Oxfam GB, Wickes, Mercedes Benz and Lakeland. Katy also consults with Emmaus Leadership www.emmausleadership.org.uk to support church, organisation and society leaders to bring about kingdom change. Katy lives in the Lake District and travels globally to be with her clients.
Terms of Reference
The Personnel/HR Network exists to bring together those responsible for Personnel/HR in Christian organisations and others in the field to maximise effectiveness and minimise duplication.
The Network seeks to provide opportunities for:
- Sharing expertise
- Support and encouragement
- Learning from one another
An Evangelical Alliance initiative (Charity no. 212325). Please note that details may be subject to change.
Personnel & Human Resources
Date: 14 March 2017
Time: 9.30 for a 10.00am start, finishing by 4pm.
Location: Evangelical Alliance, 176 Copenhagen Street, London N1 0ST
Closing date for bookings is 10 March 2017
HR Network Conference Booking form
Data Protection Act 1998: By providing your personal details you agree to allow the Evangelical Alliance to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with its charitable purposes. The Evangelical Alliance does not make personal data available to external individuals or organisations.