OUR LATEST REPORT
You can now read and download our latest report Life in the church?
The report reveals fascinating details about church life, including how we get involved, what we look for in a church and how we feel about our church leaders. It also explores the experiences and feelings of church leaders, our views on church discipline and the reasons why we move church.
We hope that churches will find this report interesting and useful in thinking through the role of churches and the challenges they face. We have created a free downloadable Powerpoint presentation and discussion questions based on the research findings to help both churches and small groups take a deeper look at some of the issues.
OUR NEXT report
The report from our work survey is due out in September 2013, with fascinating details about evangelicals' views and experiences of the world of work.
For more information on our ongoing plans, visit our What's Next page.
OUr next survey
Our next survey will take place in August 2013.
RESEARCH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
What is a typical evangelical Christian? What contributions do they make to society? What do they believe? What is distinctive about their lifestyle? What opinions do they hold about the most pressing issues of the day?
These are just some of the questions that the Evangelical Alliance is exploring as part of an ongoing study into the beliefs, habits and practices of evangelical Christians in the UK. The answers will help Christian leaders and the Church at large to understand their social context, and to make more effective plans for mission and ministry in the world today.
January 2011 saw the launch of 21st Century Evangelicals - a groundbreaking survey of more than 17,000 respondents. But this was just the beginning - a snapshot. From this snapshot, we are now working to produce a moving picture.
With the help of a 1,200-strong research panel, we are conducting quarterly online surveys to help us more deeply understand the beliefs and practices at the heart of evangelicalism.
An overview of our research so far:
- Life in the church? - survey conducted in February 2013, report published in May 2013.
- Do we value education? - survey conducted November 2012, report published February 2013.
- Confidently sharing the gospel? - survey conducted August 2012, report published November 2012.
- Does money matter? - survey conducted May 2012, report published September 2012.
- The world on our doorstep? - survey conducted February 2012, report published May 2012.
- Are we communicating? - survey conducted August 2011, report published December 2011.
- How's the family? - survey conducted November 2011, report published February 2012.
- Does belief touch society? - survey conducted Easter 2011, report published September 2011.
- 21st Century Evangelicals - survey conducted throughout 2010, report published January 2011.
Our research panel is so important to us, and we are always looking for more people to get involved and take part in this important research. We would love it if you could fill in the Join the Panel form on the right to get involved.
We aren't doing this research alone; all our surveys and reports are designed and published in partnership with the following organisations:
Care, Christians Against Poverty, Compassion UK, CWR, MAF, Open Doors, Prospects and Wycliffe.