LATEST SURVEY : '1846 and all that - what is evangelicalism?'
Help us understand the beliefs, practices and habits of evangelical Christians in the UK today.
Our latest survey coincides with the 170th anniversary of the foundation of the Evangelical Alliance.
"We are One Body in Christ" – was the original motto of the Evangelical Alliance when it was founded in August 1846. Then, as now, we had a strong concern for unity, for religious liberty, for evangelism and for biblical truth. In this survey we want to find out how you understand evangelicalism, how you relate to its history and what you think about the role of the Alliance in these changing times.
We'd love you to take part in the survey, which is open until 10 May.
LATEST RESEARCH – Ethical Consumerism
Our latest research contains details on evangelicals' views on ethical consumerism, covering topics such as choosing fairtrade products, avoiding environmentally damaging practices and investing money in businesses without asking questions about how it might be used. There are also some questions about your views on Sunday trading, and what you think about Christmas.
Read the research findings which were featured in idea magazine
RESEARCH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Looking for the most up-to-date statistics and information on what evangelical Christians really think and do? Then the 21st Century Evangelicals research series – an ongoing study into the beliefs, habits and practices of evangelical Christians in the UK – is for you.
Some of the questions explored by the series include: What is a typical evangelical Christian? What contributions do they make to society? What do they believe? What is distinctive about their lifestyle? What opinions do they hold about the most pressing issues of the day?
Up to 1,800 evangelicals have taken our regular surveys on relevant issues ranging from work and education to church life and evangelism. We have used the findings to produce handy A5-sized reports which are perfect for discussion in small groups. Discussion questions are available for each report and PowerPoint presentations can also be downloaded online.
The findings are sparking conversations and ideas in churches across the UK, helping them make more effective plans for mission and ministry today. Further down the page you can view a full list of our research reports.
January 2011 saw the launch of 21st Century Evangelicals - a groundbreaking survey of more than 17,000 respondents. But this was just the beginning - a snapshot. From this snapshot, we are now working to produce a moving picture. Here are links to all the research reports in the series:
- Health and Wellbeing - survey conducted in Dec 2015, report published in January/February 2016 idea magazine.
- British Values- survey conducted in May 2015, report published in July/August 2015 idea magazine.
- Good news for the poor? - survey conducted in November 2014, report published in May 2015.
- Faith in politics? - survey conducted in August/September 2014, report published in February 2015.
- Are we good neighbours? - survey conducted in February 2014, report published in August 2014.
- Time for discipleship? - survey conducted in November 2013, report published in April 2014 (to access videos resources on discipleship visit www.eauk.org/discipleship).
- Working faithfully? - survey conducted in May 2013, report published in October 2013.
- Life in the church? - survey conducted in February 2013, report published in May 2013.
- Do we value education? - survey conducted November 2012, report published February 2013.
- Confidently sharing the gospel? - survey conducted August 2012, report published November 2012.
- Does money matter? - survey conducted May 2012, report published September 2012.
- The world on our doorstep? - survey conducted February 2012, report published May 2012.
- Are we communicating? - survey conducted August 2011, report published December 2011.
- How's the family? - survey conducted November 2011, report published February 2012.
- Does belief touch society? - survey conducted Easter 2011, report published September 2011.
- 21st Century Evangelicals - survey conducted throughout 2010, report published January 2011.
John Glass, general superintendent of Elim Pentecostal Churches, recommends the research: "Once again, through precise analysis and helpful insight, the Evangelical Alliance has provided us with a reliable lens through which we can better understand the context in which we seek to serve – and so enabling us to focus with clarity on issues we should prioritise."
Network Church St Albans have used the reports for prayer and discussion, as Louise Chick explains: "These are such fantastic little booklets, jam-packed with fascinating and thought provoking information. We have encouraged our cell groups to use them for prayer and discussion and made a copy available for each church member, along with the discussion-starter questions."
Our research panel is so important to us, and we are always looking for more people to get involved and take part in this important research. We would love you to join the panel by filling in the 'Join the Panel' form on the right-hand-side.