Join as a church
Why become a member church?
When you join the Evangelical Alliance, you'll be joining a movement of Christians around the country passionate about changing our communities with the good news of Jesus Christ. We are a growing family of nearly 4,000 churches across the UK, representing a diverse range of traditions and styles across 79 denominations. For more than 165 years, it has been our passion to resource and equip the UK Church to be all God wants us to be and to do mission together.
With each Church that decides to stand with the Alliance, we become more effective in speaking and acting on your behalf - and more representative of the whole evangelical scene in the UK. So our voice, as Christians, gets stronger. And as we become the answer to Jesus' prayer for a united Church, we are better at changing our communities and reflecting the love of God
Benefits of joining the Alliance:
- Representation on a national scale, as we speak on your behalf to government and the media
- An opportunity for your church to respond to God’s call for unity
- Use of the “member of Evangelical Alliance” logo for your website and letterheads
- Three copies of our bi-monthly magazine idea to circulate in your church
- A bi-weekly Headlines email and a sign-up to all our e-letters, helping you build up your leaders and resource your church for mission
- A direct line to our media team
- Discounted media and advocacy training, helping your church engage with your local media and local government
- Discounted membership of The Churches Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) which includes access to their disclosure service, Safe & Secure safeguarding material and latest news updates.
- Priority admission of children from your congregation to some Church of England schools
What are the requirements?
- Your church must be based or operating in the United Kingdom. If your church or ministry is based in another country, please visit the World Evangelical Alliance website to find the evangelical network in your country.
- Your church must have been established in the UK for more than two years. For church plants of member churches this is negotiable.
- We ask that your church agrees with our Basis of Faith and abides by the Evangelical Relationships Commitment. In addition, members should ensure that their integrity, both personal and corporate, is beyond question in all aspects of their life and ministry so that the credibility of the gospel is maintained.
- We ask for two references from local evangelical churches, at least one of which must be a member of the Evangelical Alliance. The find a church facility can help you locate your nearest Alliance member churches.
- We ask you to support our work with an annual donation of at least £1 per head of congregation (with a suggested minimum of £80 a year) by Direct Debit. Applications are sent to our membership committee on receipt of a completed Direct Debit form.
How long is the process?
Once we have received your application and Direct Debit form, we will contact your referees. Your application is then presented to the membership committee, who make the final decision. The process of joining normally takes approximately four weeks.
How can I apply?
We need to know more …
- Read our introduction to church membership booklet
- Tell us more about the process and requirements
- Any further questions email: email@example.com
for current members
Church membership application form
Page 1 of 7
Criteria for membership
If you need any clarification on the process or would like to discuss any issue related to membership, please do not hesitate to contact the membership team, on 020 7520 3838, firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Act 1998: By providing your personal details you agree to allow the Evangelical Alliance to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message in connection with its charitable purposes. The Evangelical Alliance does not make personal data available to external individuals or organisations.