Member benefits: CCPAS
The Evangelical Alliance and the Churches Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) have recently agreed to work together to assist all Alliance member churches and organisations ensure that they are safe places for both children and adults at risk.
CCPAS is the only independent Christian charity providing professional advice, support, training and resources in all areas of safeguarding children, vulnerable adults and for those affected by abuse.They exist to safeguard both children and vulnerable adults throughout the UK. They also work to help those who are, or have been, affected by child abuse and similar issues.
Discounts on CCPAS services
All current Alliance member churches and organisations can now benefit from discounted CCPAS services. If you are not sure whether your membership of the Alliance is still current please check by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 020 7520 3830.
- Alliance member churches and organisations can take up membership of the CCPAS scheme for a reduced rate of £70 per year - a saving of over 20% from the usual suggested donation of £90. This gives:
- Access to CCPAS's Disclosure Service which allows 10 free disclosure checks (formerly known as CRB and Access NI checks) to be undertaken via a paper route. Alternatively churches and organisations can opt to register on the electronic, paperless, E-bulk service and benefit from free registration which is normally charged at £45 plus VAT.
- Access to CCPAS's Safe and Secure safeguarding material in a dedicated members' area on the CCPAS website. This includes information on safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Subscription to CCPAS's update email alerts. These include urgent breaking news updates when changes to legislation or best practice need to be assimilated quickly.
- Those churches and organisations which already receive DBS checks, safeguarding training & regular updates through other routes, may still join CCPAS for a donation which will allow them access to the CCPAS Members Area.
- Church and organisation members will also
benefit from qualifying for a 5% to 10% reduction in the charges of a range of
Specialist Safeguarding Services. The level of reduction will depend upon the
- bespoke policy development and review
- safeguarding audit and review
- crisis management
- management investigations
- investigation debriefing
- expert witnesses
- subject matter expertise and specialist advice
- bespoke training development and delivery
- blemished disclosures and risk assessment.
For more information or to sign up for CCPAS services, visit their website ccpas.co.uk or telephone 0845 120 45 50 or 01322 517817. Please mention that your church or organisation is a member of the Alliance and quote your membership number.